Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Banner Valentine for CCMC287

It's Thursday (already!) and I have a new card to share for the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.  Here's a look at the super cute sketch for this week.

I just LOVE this sketch!  I was excited to sit down and work on my card, knew what I wanted to do right away.

I am loving the combination of Real Red and Coastal Cabana for Valentine's this year thanks to the Fresh Prints DSP Pack.  One of my favorite patterns in the pack is this Coastal Cabana polka dot design, it's just so cute!  The card base is Core'dinations card stock, it has a great shine when it's not distressed.  I added embossing with the new Arrows EF, it looks great with the banner.  

The focal point is from Follow My Heart, a lovely Valentine set that's available right now.  The sentiment is first stamped with Coastal Cabana on Whisper White and die cut with a Deco Label Framelit.  I stamped it a second time in Real Read and cut out the "you" to add for a pop pf color.

I wanted the sentiment to stand out from the banner, so I added several layers of color.  Behind the white Deco Label are two pieces of Coastal Cabana punched with the Scallop Oval Punch.  Just a bit of the edge is showing, love the way the small scallops look.  The final layer is a Real Red circle cut with the Circle Framelits.  Finally, the whole thing is added to the banner with dimensionals. Now on to the little details.  A layered heart with a rhinestone goes next to the sentiment and several rhinestones are added above it.

I really loved making this card, such a fun sketch challenge to do!  Join in with me and make a card of your own.  You can find out all the challenge details and see more amazing Design Team samples at Create with Connie and Mary.  Happy Stamping!!


Spring Collection runs January 19th through February 15th!
 Only $29.95 US


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


8 comments:

Deb said...

I love these colors, too! So fresh and fun! And I love how al your elements really compliment each other perfectly! Beautiful card!!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Clever use of the scallop punch! Just by adding lots of layers to that one image, you created a lovely focal point. Such a sweet Valentine card.

Cindee Wilkinson said...

AWESOME card Nicole!Love all the layers. I just got that embossing folder and haven't used it yet.......

paula said...

wow this is beautiful, lovely colours used xx

Thanks for sharing x

http://stampingcomerainorshine.blogspot.co.uk/

Claire Broadwater said...

Hi Nicole! I LOVE the colors in your Valentine! They are my favorites, too! The polka dots are great and I love the way you used the scallop punch to make the layers for the focal point. The arrow embossing folder is one of my new favorites!

Melissa Davies said...

Love all the layered shapes on the sentiment! Makes a great valentine for the Hubby!

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, your card is beautiful! I love that color combination.. so fresh and great for Valentine!

Lisa Martz said...

Cute! I love how you used the textured paper with the embossing folder! What a neat combo! A new idea for me! This is a fantastic card!