Thursday, January 16, 2014

Just Sayin' for CCMC286

I can't believe it's Thursday already!  Preview week is just flying by!  Today we have a color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary, let's take a look.



I wasn't too sure about what to do with these colors, so I decided to go with a more masculine and linear card.

I wanted to use all new products in my design and I am pretty pleased with the results.  Let me run you through all the elements.  The first is the Island Indigo card base embossed with the new Arrows Textured Embossing Folder. I love the bold lines it creates.

I did an offset matting with Smokey Slate and Perfect Plum to layer my greeting on.  The greeting from Just Sayin' really stands out stamped in Island Indigo on the crisp Whisper White card stock.  The final element is the banners. They are from the upcoming Sale-a-bration set called Banner Blast and have a coordinating punch.  I did four of them along the bottom of the greeting that alternate in design and color.  They do a great job balancing out the offset matting.

I really enjoyed making today's card.  I hope you will join me and do a card of your own with this week's color challenge.  You can find all the details and more samples from the Design Team at Create with Connie and Mary.  Don't forget to check out the Previews of the Spring Collection 2014.  The Early Bird pricing ends soon, you don't want to miss out!

Thanks for visiting! Join me again tomorrow for yet another card featuring new products!


Spring Collection runs January 19th through February 15th!
 Only $24.95 US during Preview Week

Print Friendly and PDF
Follow my blog with Bloglovin


7 comments:

Deb said...

Love this! So simple but so cute! Love your layout and those little banners!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love you card, Nicole! You've shown a great way to use these colors for a masculine card! The little banners and the arrows TIEF really complement each other for a great look!

Connie Babbert said...

This is SO fun, yet not complicated! That set and framelits are just too cute! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Melissa Davies said...

I really like the look of the offset matting... Fun and different! Great clean and simple card!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I always appreciate seeing a layout that is out of the ordinary. That being said, I love the offset matting! Super fun card, Nicole.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great way to use some of our new products. So cute how you added the small banners on the bottom!

Lisa Martz said...

Love this! What a great way to use the greeting set with the embossing folder and the banners! Lots of new stuff...lots of good stuff!