Thursday, February 13, 2014

I'm Here for You

Welcome!  It's Thursday and time for an new challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.  This week is a color challenge:  Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, and Smokey Slate.

I needed to make sympathy cards for the bookstore and these colors were a great starting point.  

I decided on Petal Parade, felt they would look great with this color palette.  The card base is Smokey Slate with one of the flowers stamped in Smokey Slate.  The center panel of Whisper White has Daffodil Delight and Island Indigo flowers stamped randomly.

The sides of the panel have a scallop trim in Island Indigo cut with the Large Scallop Edgelit.  To dress it up a bit, large pearls are added in between each scallop.

For the sentiment, I went back and forth before finally settling on stamping directly on a flower.  I tried die cutting a Deco Label with the sentiment, but it was too busy.  The background stamping has so much going on that it just didn't flow well.  So, I stamped "I'm here for you" from Petite Pairs with Island Indigo on a Daffodil Delight flower.  But I still felt like something wasn't quite right.  The card didn't have a finished look.  So I pulled out my favorite set of punches, the Itty Bitty Punch Pack, and added small flowers to the center of the large flowers.  A pearl in each and NOW the card is finished!


Now it's your turn to get out your stamps and join in!  The challenge lasts all week, you can find the details at Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Happy Stamping!!!



Spring Collection runs January 19th through February 15th!
 Only $29.95 US




Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




8 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Pretty, love how the combination of stamps make it look like designer paper! Wonderful use of pearls, too! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Deb said...

WOW! Lots of beautiful details on this card! Love those little flowers! And I love the sentiment stamped right into the background! Beautiful!!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

It is those little details that can make all of the difference and those little bitty flowers and pearls really step up the card! It is beautiful!

Melissa Davies said...

I absolutely love all the little pearls added to the card! So elegant!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Loving the bling and the way you used the different flower images on your layers, very nice!

Carol Carriveau said...

Though this set does not appeal to me personally, I love what you did...the colors, the pearls...and agree with Connie that you have created a wonderful background! I also love the pops of color along the main piece using the circles...as always, fabulous!

Lisa Martz said...

What a wonderful way to use this set! It really makes great DSP! Love the scalloped edges and pearls too...makes it really feminine. Great working with you on Create!

Michelle said...

I like how you used this stamp set. It is very different from anything I have seen yet. Great use of those colors!