Saturday, February 1, 2014

Just Sayin'

We are coming to the end of Week 2 for the Spring Collection at Create with Connie and Mary, so hard to believe!  It's not too late to join in the fun, you can still subscribe and enjoy all of the projects.  All the details about this amazing collection are at Create with Connie and Mary.

Each Saturday during the collection we have a card challenge, this week it is a color challenge.

I love these colors together, they are all soft colors that are perfect for spring.  I went a bit abstract with my card and had lots of fun in the process!

I love the randomness of this card, so much fun to create!  I used the Just Sayin' Bundle for my greeting which is the focal point.  It was stamped with Pistachio Pudding ink on Pistachio Pudding card stock then die cut.  I set it to the side while I worked on the background images.
 First I stamped splatters from Gorgeous Grunge with Sahara Sand Ink.  I also stamped the largest flower from the Sale-a-bration set Petal Parade with Sahara Sand.  Next I added in a couple of arrows from Petal Parade in both Pistachio Pudding and Sahara Sand inks. To get a lighter look, I stamped off once before stamping the arrows on the Whisper White.
Next I added the small line of flowers from the Sale-a-bration set You're Lovely with Crisp Cantaloupe ink.  I cut a small piece of Sweet Sorbet DSP and cut around the scallops on the bottom. I added it below the Sahara Sand flower. The greeting went over the DSP with dimensionals to make it stand out.
Lastly, I punched a few flowers from Crisp Cantaloupe with a punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.  A pearl went in the center of each flower for the final touch.

This was such a fun card to put together.  I managed to use a lot of Sale-a-bration items that were sitting out on my desk already.  They all blend together well.

To see more wonderful cards from the Design Team and to find out how to participate, go to Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Happy stamping!


Spring Collection runs January 19th through February 15th!
 Only $29.95 US



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


3 comments:

patti said...

Love it. Good job

Deb said...

What a great way to use the challenge colors and this stamp set! Love the randomness of it!!

Connie Babbert said...

Darling...all the randomness pulls together SO well on your card! Love it! Great job with the color challenge!