Thursday, February 27, 2014

Picture Perfect

Welcome!  It's Thursday (already!) and time for a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. This week is a color challenge, take a look.

Now I have to admit that I had no idea what to do at first for this challenge...not a clue!  I sat down and just looked at my stamps to see what might look good with these colors and finally decided on this design.


It's crisp and clean with a bit of boldness.  I just got Filmstrip and thought the cameras from Around the World would be perfect with it.  The card base is Basic Black with a layer of Summer Starfruit then Whisper White.  The filmstrip is stamped on the white with StazOn Black ink.

Each film strip has a sentiment.  The first one, "Oh Snap"  is from Hip Notes.  The second is "picture perfect" from the Make Note This and That Rotary Stamp.  Both sentiments are done with Pistachio Pudding and die cut with Bitty Banner Framelits.

The final elements are the cameras.  Each was stamped with Summer Starfruit and cut out by hand then added to the card with Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive.

So, I ended up with a crisp white card with the boldness of the Basic Black to make the elements "pop".

I hope you will try this unique color challenge as well!  You can find all the challenge details and more great samples at Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for visiting! Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Cameras are such the rage right now and your card is very cute with all the white space and camera images! I too was stumped on this one!

Connie Babbert said...

I have GOT to remember to order that Filmstrip image! I love your card...very bold use of the colors! Great job with the color challenge.

Deb said...

Cute card! Love all the cameras and the filmstrip! What a fun way to use these challenging colors! Great job!!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Oh, I am loving that film strip and especially the way you used it on your card. This would be perfect for someone who loves photography.

Lisa Martz said...

Very fun card! The filmstrip really draws your attention to the greeting inside. How cute!

Melissa Davies said...

Very clever to add the sentiment to the filmstrip! I can see this being added to a scrapbook page! SO fun!

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, once again you have designed a very strikingly attractive card! I love how you used these images for the colors in the challenge and the use of the filmstrip is terrific! Love it!