Thursday, March 20, 2014

One in a Million

Before I show you this week's sketch and card, I want to tell you about the new card collection that is coming up from Create with Connie and Mary.  Next week is previews and I know you won't be disappointed!

  • 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas - 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets). 
  • Each SET is presented with 4 cards...for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!
  • Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week.   These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!
  • Featuring designers:  Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown
The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions PREVIEW starts March 25 and the session runs from March 30 thru April 19! 

Now on to this week's challenge card. It was made with Spring in mind, I am ready for some flowers and sunshine!!

I had a crazy week and made my card at the very last minute.  With this great sketch, I had no problem whipping up an idea.

I went straight to the Sale-a-bration DSP, Sweet Sorbet.  This floral pattern is so wonderful!  I wanted a busy background and a simple sentiment for this card.

I started with a Basic Black card base and layered on Crisp Cantaloupe and the floral pattern DSP. Next slender strips of Basic Black card stock were added to follow the sketch.

The sentiment from My Mother was stamped onto Whisper White card stock with Black StazOn ink.  It's die cut with an Oval Framelit then layered onto Basic Black and Crisp Cantaloupe ovals.  The black oval was hand cut, I cut an oval the next size up then trimmed it down so there was only a sliver of black showing.  I just wanted to make the sentiment pop a little more.

The finishing touch was the rhinestones.  I wanted to sprinkle them around the greeting but it just didn't look right.  So I ended up adding a couple to the o's and liked that much better. And voila my card was completed in a flash!!

There are more wonderful cards plus all the details about joining the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary. I hope you will join in!


                                        
Thanks for visiting today!  Happy Stamping!




Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Such a pretty card. Can't go wrong with that gorgeous paper and I love how you used that as the background and just added a simple sentiment.

Deb said...

What a great clean and simple card! Love the simple sentiment and how your eye is drawn to it with the pops of black!

Lisa Martz said...

Love how you let the DSP be the backdrop for that fun, simple greeting! What a pretty card!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I can't believe you cut that oval by hand! Such a nice card with the designer paper that does most of the work for you!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love that DSP for the background and the touches of black really set it off perfectly! So pretty!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty and quick! Love that the DSP does all the work! Great job, Nicole!

Melissa Davies said...

I like your choice of sentiment for this card - would work nicely for any occasion with the floral background!