Monday, March 10, 2014

Petal Parade and Hardwood

It's Monday and time for a new Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge from Technostamper.  Mary Jo did a really fun banner sketch for us today, take a look.

I have really been into the new Hardwood background stamp, so it was the source of my inspiration.  Here's where that inspiration took me.


Doesn't Petal Parade look amazing with the Hardwood background?  I almost used the flowers from So Very Grateful, but felt the bold Petal Parade flowers would work better.  Since the card base is Crumb Cake I wanted bold colors for the flowers to really make the focal point "pop".

The first element I added to the card was a panel of Hardwood stamped on Crumb Cake with Soft Suede.  This panel was actually an extra piece left from another card, it's nice to use up those left over bits and pieces!

The banner was done collage style.  I took a piece of 4 1/4"  x 5 1/2"  Whisper Whitecard stock and randomly stamped the flowers with Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzaz.  This allowed me to position the Banner Framelit over the area I wanted to cut out.

Once the banner went onto the card, I added in embellishments.  The small Itty Bitty Punch flowers and pearls went in the center of the flowers for a more finished look.  Lastly, the sentiment was added.  I stamped "Thank You" from So Very Grateful with Soft Suede on Calypso Coral card stock and die cut it with a banner framelit from a Thinlet Flip card set.


I love how this card turned out, the subtle Crumb Cake against the bolder colors looks amazing.  You really should give this fun sketch a try!  Pull out some stamps, ink and paper and take a little time for yourself and join the challenge!  All the details and more great samples from the Design Team can be found at Technostamper.


Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper


Thanks for stopping by!   Happy stamping!




Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


1 comment:

MJ said...

I am so enjoying anything made with that hardwood background, such a great stamp. I love this happy color combo too! Fabulous card. Thanks for being on the TSSC design team!