Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hi!

It's Thursday and we have a fun new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week is a sketch challenge, take a look.


I love the simplicity of this card sketch.  I knew what I wanted to make right away and it came together just as I planned.

I went very simple with my card and it came together quickly.   I based the whole card design and colors off the washi tape that I used for the stripes.

The card base is Coastal Cabana with a layer of Whisper White.  I added the washi tape to the white before adding it to the card base.  This allowed me to wrap the washi tape over the edges for a clean look.
The focal point is the gorgeous flower from Regarding Dahlias.  I stamped it on Whisper White with Coastal Cabana ink.  I added a slender matting of Tangerine Tango to make it stand out from the washi tape background.

The greeting is the final element added.  I stamped "hi" on Whisper White with Tangerine Tango and punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch.  I added a Tangerine Tango matting by punching a 1 3/8" circle.  The circles are adhered with a bit of SNAIL to complete the card.

I am quite pleased with how bright and happy this card turned out.  I must say that washi tape makes designing so easy!  I haven't used it much, but I can see me pulling it out for more cards in the future!

I hope you will join me for this week's sketch challenge.  Be sure to check out all the inspiration from the Design Team over at Create with Connie and Mary.

There is also more inspiration from the new Card "Create"tions Collection.   We are in Week One right now, but don't worry....you can still subscribe and see all the wonderful designs!  What is the collection about?  Well, lots of cards!!  We have loads of ideas for you, here's the details.....


  • 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas - 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets). 
  • Each SET is presented with 4 cards...for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!
  • Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week.   These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!
  • Featuring designers:  Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown
The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions session runs from March 30 thru April 19!


I hope you'll join us for this amazing collection, we love to inspire you!


Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!




Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



8 comments:

Deb said...

Love the use of the washi tape! And these colors are so happy and fun! Love how the "hi" stands out! Great card!!

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, what a bright and cheery card! I love the dahlia as the focal point and using the washi tape is such a great idea! Great fun card!

Unknown said...

I love it!! I am going to have to CASE this. :)

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I love how you used a non traditional color for the flower and the addition of the hi right over the image. Super sweet card.

Lisa Martz said...

Love this! Clean and simple! I see you and I were thinking alike with the washi tapes! Great card!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love the colors and how you coordinated them with the Washi. Super cute!

Connie Babbert said...

How cute and FUN! Love the Washi Tape in the background...why didn't I think of that! Great job with the sketch this week!

Melissa Davies said...

I;m so glad you kept it fast and simple - a great card for a make & take or last minute occasion!