Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hello!

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week is a great sketch challenge, take a look.

I am loving the new Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack so much that I used it again on the card I have for you today.

I love the way this card combines a grunge look with soft, pretty flowers.  I used several new products and I love all of them!!

First, the card base is the new In color Lost Lagoon.   It's a beautiful blue that's not too light or too dark.  I picked out the design of Moonlight DSP that I wanted then added in Basic Grey behind it to add dimension.

I stamped two elements on the DSP before adding my flowers.  The first is the splash of Lost Lagoon ink that was made with a stamp from Work of Art.  Once that was in place, I added a sentiment off to the side.  "Hello" from Four You is stamped with Mossy Meadow.

Now for the focal point.  I used the flowers from Happy Watercolor.  They are stamped with Memento Ink on Whisper White and colored with the new Blendabilities Markers.  I used the Old Olive set for the stem and Daffodil Delight for the flowers.  I colored with the light colors first then added dark highlights.  The flowers were fussy cut and glued to the card with Tombow Multi-purpose adhesive.

The final touch added was a few rhinestones colored with the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities marker.  I love that I can add a touch of extra color this way!

Now it's your turn!  Grab some stamps and make a card with us this week.  You can find all the challenge details plus more great card samples at Create with Connie and Mary.


Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments:

Deb said...

Awesome card! Love how you stamped right on the designer paper! And your fussy cutting is super! Great use of the new product!!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous coloring and I love that DSP background! A definite WOW! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful Nicole...gotta get that DSP....too bad they are not offering it separately (the grid paper!). Yes, the grid paper is perfect for the grunge stamps! TFS!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Such a visually interesting card! I love how you used the grid background with the flower. And the flower is beautiful.

Margaret Raburn said...

What a wonderful combination of products!! Love your coloring of the flowers, so pretty! The grid DSP makes a great background with the grunge too!

Lisa Martz said...

You incorporated so many fun new things! I need to play more with the Blendabilities, but looks like you have mastered them! I love the industrial elements combined with the flower.

Melissa Davies said...

So pretty! I was bummed to see the grid stamp go - this is a great alternative! Your coloring is gorgeous, too!