Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip Hip Hooray!  I am soooo excited about the new catalog and can't wait until my first order gets here tomorrow!  I am dying to use new products for upcoming challenges.  For today's Thursday challenge from Create with Connie and Mary we have three fun colors to work with.

With both of the catalogs retired and waiting on new products to arrive, I turned to Endless Birthday Wishes again for this week's color challenge.

I am really happy to see the Banner Punch from Sale-a-bration carried over to the new catalog as I was able to use it for my card!  This fun birthday set is perfect with these cute banners.

To start out, I layered the Coastal Cabana card base with Perfect Plum and Whisper White.  I wanted the banners to divide the card into sections so I arranged them in two directions.

The banners are made up of all three of this week's colors.  Each one has a dimensional so they stand out from the card.  To join them together, I stamped and punched out stars from Something to Say.  The stars looked great along the banner, but it needed something more so in comes the bling!  A small rhinestone between the stars was the perfect finishing touch.

With the banner in place, I moved on to the stamping.  The first portion of the sentiment went between the two banners and the second part went below them.  It was easy to get perfect placement with these being photopolymer stamps. 


Lastly, I stamped the cake with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I colored the center of the cake with the lightest color from the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities markers.  For the icing and cake stand,  I used ink pads and a blender pen.  The last bit of color on the candles is from the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities.

I also added one more star and a rhinestone next to "birthday" to make it stand out more.


I really enjoyed this week's colors, they look so good together!  More details about the challenge as well as more fabulous cards from the Challenge Team are at Create with Connie and Mary.




While you are at Create with Connie and Mary, check out the details for the upcoming Summer Collection 2014.  We have some really amazing projects in store for you and now is the perfect time to sign up with the Early Bird price of just $24.95 US.  I hope you will join us!

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


11 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

LOVE your banners and the addition of the stars, so cute!

Deb said...

I just love all your banners! What a great way to use the challenge colors! Lots of wonderful details on your card! Love it!!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Love how you chose to use the colors this week - banners and stars - 2 of my favorites! Super cute card, Nicole.

Cindee Wilkinson said...

LOVE your banner card Nicole! I like how you used the stars in between each banner. Super cute!

getcraftywithlisa said...

What an adorable card, Nicole! Love it!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love your banners!! I too am so glad that this punch returned... it's just too cute to retire! Love how you included the stars and rhinestones on the banner. What an adorable, fun birthday card!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Fabulous Nicole....I have to make a graduation card for next week and this would be adorable in the proper colors - my great niece's school uses stars and the banners could be the blues and yellow. Thank you for the inspiration!

Wendie Waldman said...

Such a happy, happy card!

Lisa Martz said...

I believe you were put out there to sabotage me! Enabler! LOL! I wasn't going to order this set, but your card has changed my mind! Darling! Love the banners and punched stars!

Connie Babbert said...

LOVE the banners and the stars! You are rockin' this stamp set! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Melissa Davies said...

This is such a fun birthday card for any age! Even the envelope is adorable! A SUPERSTAR for sure!