Thursday, June 12, 2014

Something to Say for CCMC307

It's Thursday and I have a thank you card to share for the challenge this week from Create with Connie and Mary.  First, let me show you the sketch for this week.

And here's my thank you card that features Something to Say.

When I made my card, I didn't have my new goodies yet, so I used my pre-order items.  I based the card off the new set Something to Say.  I love the versatility of the greetings, plus you get a heart, flower and start that match the new Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  Here's the basics of how the card came together.

1.  Crumb Cake card base with a layer of Moonlight Designer Series Paper.

2.  Stamped the watercolor from Work of Art on Whisper White.  I used Crumb Cake ink and stamped off once before adding it to the paper.

3.  Stamped the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss over the watercolor stamp, then die cut an oval.  Added a Blackberry matting by fussy cutting.

4.  Cut two banners with the Banner Framelit set.  The first is cut from Moonlight paper and the second from Whisper White.  "Thank You" was stamped with Hello Honey before cutting the white banner.

5.  Layered my different elements on the card.  I started with the banners then added the oval over top.  Next I cut a piece of Natural 5/8" Chevron Ribbon in half and added it across the center of the card.

6.  The last little touch was the flowers.  They are three layers.  First is the Petite Petal Punch.  I punched two Hello Honey flowers and added curl to them with my stylus and piercing mat.  Next, I punched two Blackberry Bliss flowers with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  I added them to the center of the larger flower with a tiny bit of Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive.  For a final touch, I colored basic rhinestones with my Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Marker and added them to the center of the flowers.  Perfect finishing touch!

This was a really fun sketch to work with, I hope you will give it a try!  You can find all the challenge details and more great samples at Create with Connie and Mary. 


While you are at Create with Connie and Mary, check out the details for the upcoming Summer Collection 2014.  We have some really amazing projects in store for you and now is the perfect time to sign up with the Early Bird price of just $24.95 US.
So what is Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2014 all about? 
  • 4 FABULOUS weeks filled with wonderful ideas featuring the products from the NEW 2014-15 catalog!
  • 18 EXCLUSIVE 3D projects suitable for classes and stamp camps...most completed within 2 hours!
  • PLUS 24 card ideas seen ONLY by our subscribers (6 stamp sets with 4 cards each)
As with ALL of our collections...
  • Our projects are ONLY available to our subscribers...we never show the collection projects online (ONLY the Preview Projects are shown)
  • EACH project has a full downloadable PICTURE tutorial that continues all the information you need to recreate the project!
  • Less than $1 per project!
Summer Collection runs June 22-July 12!
Create with Connie and Mary
Summer Collection 2014
EARLY BIRD $24.95 US
save $5 off the regular $29.95 price

I hope you will join us for the fun!



Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


5 comments:

Deb said...

Love how you cut the chevron ribbon in half! What a great idea! And those two flowers really look like pansies!! Beautiful!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Your colors, your layout, and the sweet little flowers are all so darling! Beautiful card!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the combination of colors and DSP's on this card. Great flowers. Fun card for any occasion.

Melissa Davies said...

BEAUTIFUL! Those layered flowers look so real!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty...love the double flowers and the background behind the greeting! Great job with the sketch this week!