Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer Saturday Challenge

Well, week one of the Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2014 has gone by in a flash!  I love all the fantastic projects, especially since they all feature new products!  To find out more about the collection, visit Create with Connie and Mary.

Each Saturday during the collection we have a challenge card that we post for everyone to see.   Here's the sketch for this week.


 Since I used Age Awareness for my project this week, I made today's card with it as well.

I have to say,  I was not sure about the Photopymer stamps when they first came out.  BUT, now I just LOVE THEM!!  I am really happy that Stampin' Up! has put some in the new catalog since they are so easy to work with.  Age Awareness is such a great set that I have yet to take it off my desk!

My inspiration for this card was the new Park Lane Designer Series Paper.  I used the polka dot design for my first layer.  Then added in a second layer of polka dots with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder.


The sentiment is stamped with Blackberry Bliss on the yellow design from the DSP.  This is where the photopoymer stamps come in handy.  I was able to line up the two parts of the sentiment without using my Stamp-a-Majig!

Next, I added a flower made with several punches, all are listed below in my supplies. 

Supply List:
Stamps:  Age Awareness
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Blackberry Bliss, Park Lane Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss
Accessories:  Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Crushed Curry Baker's Twine,  1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Accessory Punch Pack, Hexagon Punch (makes the banner edge), Rhinestones, Daffodil Delight Blendabilities (to color the rhinestone)


I hope you will pull out your stamps and inks to play along with us!  For more details and samples from the Design Team, just go to Create with Connie and Mary.



                     Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


1 comment:

Deb said...

What a super fun and easy card! Love the colors and the layered flower! Beautiful!