Thursday, July 24, 2014

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

It's Thursday so I've got a card to share for the sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  Here's a look at the sketch for this week.

Isn't this fun!  I have been dying to try out the new Dear Heart photopolymer set and this sketch was perfect for it.

I love the sweet little faces in this set, especially since I have two little boys to make cards for!   I had a card base already embossed from a previous project and so this card just came together from what was in front of me.

I stamped the background images tone on tone.  The little dinosaur is in Old Olive and the baseball is Pumpkin Pie.   The Pumpkin Pie cardstock was cut freehand to match the shape from the sketch.  I just adhered it to the strip of Old Olive.

For the sentiment, I pieced together two stamps.  I stamped "happy birthday" from Something to Say on Whisper White.  Next, I stamped "sweet boy" with Pumpkin Pie.  This is where photopolymer is so awesome, I had a super easy time lining it up!  I punched the whole thing out and added it to the card.

The final element was the little boy.  I used the cutie with the baseball cap since I had already done baseballs in the background.  He's stamped on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut out by hand.  I colored him in with Blendabilities...you have got to get these if you don't already have them!  There are six colors available now and the rest will be ready August 1st!

Now it's your turn!  Pull out your stamps and paper and join the challenge with me.  You can find all the details plus more great samples at Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


7 comments:

Deb said...

Awww! This is just so super cute! That face!! Great boy card! I love it!!

Vicky W said...

Cute Nicole. Love the boy's face!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

That little boy's face is adorable and beautifully colored! Super cute card!

Carol Carriveau said...

Very cute card...love that you added the animal...

Lisa Martz said...

LOVE this card! I just got this stamp set as well...thinking ahead to grandkids someday! This is just darling!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love your cute card Nicole. Beautiful colouring on your little boy's face.

Melissa Davies said...

Awesome little boy card! I must get this set - thanks for the inspiration!