Thursday, July 3, 2014

#HB2U for CCMC310

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week we have fun colors to work with, take a look.

Perfect colors for the 4th of July weekend!  I saw them and thought I'd do a fun birthday card, check it out.

I have been itching to use the Metro Type Alphabet again, so this card was designed around the sentiment.  I started out with a Real Red card base, then added a piece of Real Red embossed with the Large Polka Dot EF.

I wanted the card to have a banner theme, so I started with the sentiment.  I used a piece of Whisper White 1" x 4" and stamped "#HB2U".  I love that it's so easy to line up the photopolymer stamps, I got this right on the first try!  After it was done, I cut the banner end with the Hexagon punch and then trimmed the other side to fit properly on the card.

Next I did the cupcake.  I cut a Coastal Cabana starburst to put at the end of the banner.  I added in the cupcake from Cupcake Party, the icing is adhered with a dimensional to make it pop a little.

Last to be added was the small banner on the top of the card.  I used the banner punch and alternated Night of Navy with Coastal Cabana.  I added in stars from Something to Say, the red ones were punched and the navy ones were stamped directly on the banner.  I added a rhinestone between the banners and the card was complete!


This turned out to be a really fun birthday card!  I think I might have to make a 4th of July card from this same design :)

Now it's your turn!  I had such a great time creating today's card, why not join in the fun?!  Pull out your stamps and paper and join the challenge with me.   You can find all the details plus more great samples at Create with Connie and Mary.  While you are there, why not subscribe to the Summer Collection 2014 if you haven't already, it's not too late!  We have tons of amazing projects for you, all featuring NEW PRODUCTS!




Thanks so much for visiting!  Happy Stamping!!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin





7 comments:

LeAnne said...

That alphabet is on my wish list for sure! Cute card!

Connie Babbert said...

So cute, Nicole! I love the HB2U...I just purchased the Epic Alphabet so can't wait to try it myself! Great job with the color challenge!

Deb said...

What a fun birthday card! Love the banner! Such a great layout, too!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Your card is so creative! Love the way you customized it with the alphabet stamp.

Margaret Raburn said...

This is so fun and cute!! Great layout and love the banners and how you did the message! Very clever!

Lisa Martz said...

#love it! #great card! #very clever!

Melissa Davies said...

Such a fun patriotic birthday card! I have a few Teen July birthdays that this would be perfect for!