Saturday, July 12, 2014

Saturday Summer Challenge #3

It's hard to believe, but we are coming to the end of week 3 of the Summer Collection 2014 from Create with Connie and Mary.

These past weeks have just flown by!  It's not to late to join us though!  You can still subscribe and see all the amazing projects we have for you.  Just go to Create with Connie and Mary for all the details.Now, let's take a look at the sketch for today.


My subscriber exclusive card set for week 3 was Cupcake Party....such a fun set!  So, I did another cupcake card for today's challenge.

 Isn't this so fun for a birthday?!  If you haven't gotten this set, you really should....I can't seem to get enough of it!  The cupcakes are so cute with the new Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper.  For this card, I used 2 different patterns from the DSP.  I combined stripes with polka dots.


I wanted lots of bright colors for the focal point, so I used Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise to bring the cupcake to life.  I added in a rhinestone as well for a little bling.  I used my darkest Coastal Cabana Blendabilities marker to color it.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Cupcake Party
Paper:  Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry
Inks:  Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Deco Label Framelits, Cupcake Builder Punch, Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Rhinestones, Coastal Cabana Blendabilities
 
I hope you will pull out your stamps and inks to play along with us!  For more details and samples from the Design Team, just go to Create with Connie and Mary.  While your are there, check out the details about the Summer Collection 2014.  It's not too late to subscribe, there are so many fun projects waiting for you!!




Thanks for stopping by!  Happy stamping!
                

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



3 comments:

Deb said...

I have loved everything you have done with this cupcake set! And this one is just as cute!

Becca's Place said...

Sooooo Cute!!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Nice card Nicole! Super how you added the two layers to the card base a little askew, looks awesome!