Saturday, September 13, 2014

Week 2 Tiny Treat Boxes Blog Hop!

Welcome to the BLOG HOP for Week 2 of the Holiday Card "Create"tions Collection!  This week we are featuring the all too cute Tiny Treat Boxes from page 10 of the Holiday Catalog.

Be sure to hop around to all the blogs for lots of amazing ideas!  You should be coming from Melissa's blog, if not, be sure to hop all the way around to visit!

My card set for Week 2 was Get Your Santa On, so my treat box coordinates with the set.

Isn't this just too cute!!  The box is very small and I didn't want to overwhelm it with the larger stamps from the set.  So I went with Santa's hat and lots of embellishments. 

I wanted a window to show the treats inside, but that was easier said than done!  The box is too small for the larger punches to fit in and die cutting wasn't possible either.  So, I used the smaller size punch and it fit just right!  The window was made with the Petite Curly Label Punch.  All I had to do after that was cut a small square of window sheet and adhere it to the inside of the box.

Next step was the ribbon.  I tied a bow using the new Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon.  I must say that I really like this ribbon!  It holds a bow really well and was very easy to work with.  Once the bow was in place, I added embellishments.  The first thing was the sentiment.  I stamped it on the snowflake pattern from Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack using Mossy Meadow ink.  I used the banner die cut from the Snowflake Flip Card Thinlet, it was the perfect size for this greeting.  I gave the paper a little curve with my bone folder then used glue dots and dimensionals to add it to the top of the box.

Last came all the little details.  I added Santa's hat to the top of the Petite Curly Label window along with Silver Glimmer stars and rhinestones.  I love all the sparkle, what a fun treat to give!


I hope you enjoyed my treat box!  Now on to the next stop, Debbie Henderson's blog.  Have fun working your way through the blogs, there are lots of wonderful ideas to be had!

http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2014/09/ccmc-holiday-card-createtions-week-2.html

For even more great ideas, why not subscribe to the Holiday Card "Create"tions Collection and have tons of card ideas at your finger tips!  For all the details, visit Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!




Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments:

Miriam said...

What a cute little box! Love the little window.

Connie Babbert said...

Love the little acetate window for a sneak peek of what is inside! Super cute!

Sheri K said...

Such a cute little treat! Great idea. Really like the window.

Hetty said...

How adorable this window with the Santa hat! Love your idea.

Anonymous said...

ohhh! is that adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oohhh, is that adorable!

Carol Carriveau said...

Soooo cute...love that you cut out the front of the box to see the contents....sooo tiny and sweet!