Thursday, November 20, 2014

Eat, Drink and Give Thanks!

Thursday is here so I have a card to share for this week's sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.

These colors are just perfect for Thanksgiving and fall.  I just got Holiday Invitation and I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

It's been forever since I've made a card with the Scallop Tag Topper closure and I knew this set would work perfectly with this style.


Blackberry Bliss is such a rich, deep color so I used it for the card base.  I punched the scallop edges and scored the card to give me a good size front panel to stamp on.  A layer of Hello Honey went on the panel first, then a layer of Whisper White.


The sentiment went on the paper first in Blackberry Bliss.  "Give Thanks" got stamped one word at a time to stack them.  Having this set in photopolymer makes both inking and stamping them individually a breeze!  Once the sentiment was in place, I stamped and die cut two pumpkins from Fall Fest and placed them in the center....perfect fit!


With style of card, the inside needs to be embellished since part of it shows.  So, leaves were stamped in two corners with Hello Honey and  Tangelo Twist.  The sentiment went off center so it's completely covered by the front panel.  I initially tried using the other October Paper Pumpkin sentiment, but it was too large and it looked funny with part of it showing on the right side of the card.

The last little detail was a bit of twine from the Under the Tree Tag a Bag Kit ( LOVE this kit...so handy!) to tie the scallop closures together.

I am really pleased with how well this card turned out with these bold fall colors together.  Now, it's your turn!! I hope you will join me and make a card to share with us.  Just go to Create with Connie and Mary for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




8 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

What a fun Thanksgiving card! I love the way you incorporated the Scallop tag punch for the closure. Plus the combination of stamps is perfect for the occasion.

Lisa Martz said...

Love how this card opens and the clever closure as well! Very pretty card! Love the simple pumpkins with the more elegant greeting.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Lovely card Nicole and beautifully decorated around the fun closure.

Melissa Davies said...

Love the unique fold and closure - what a great Fall invitation!

Deb said...

Such a clean and crisp card! Love the use of the tag topper punch! Very creative!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the special fold treatment on this card! Those colors really are great for fall! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, I love this card and how you used the colors and stamps! So fresh, crisp and clean! Beautiful way to create the closure too!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love how you used the Holiday Invitation set. Looks fantastic!