Thursday, November 27, 2014

Holiday Home for CCMC331

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a wonderful day with your friends and family!

I have a card to share with you today for the Thursday challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  Here's a look at this week's sketch.


I love the simplicity of this sketch!  I wanted to do something a little unexpected, so I flipped the sketch upside down and used the tall house from Holiday Home for my banners.

Is this too fun or what!!!  I pondered different designer papers and just didn't get a good feel from them.  So, I looked through my stamps and came across the tall house in Holiday Home that mimicked the banner and knew that was my card!

All three houses were heat embossed in white on different colors of cardstock.  I went with Basic Gray, Smokey Slate and Soft Sky.  All three colors look beautiful against the Lost Lagoon card base that was embossed with the Lucky Stars embossing folder.

Below the houses is a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (LOVE IT!) and a small bow from 1/8" Silver Ribbon.

I absolutely LOVE the clean and crisp look of this card.  It's simple yet beautiful.  I hope it inspires you to take a little time to stamp and join the challenge with us!  You can find all the details and more wonderful samples from the Design Team at Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks so much for visiting!  Happy Thanksgiving and happy stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




5 comments:

Deb said...

What a fun and creative way to use this sketch! Love the way you used the houses and the glimmer paper! Beautiful card! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

So creative to use the houses for the three banners, ingenious!

Lisa Martz said...

I was not going to get this stamp set, but I had some free dollars from an order I put in and decided to get this. Love the way you used the houses instead of banners.

Melissa Davies said...

Love the soft colors - so serene - a beautiful winter card!

Donna said...

I LOVE your card; love it! TFS!