Thursday, December 11, 2014

Letterpress Winter for CCMC333

Welcome!  I have a beautiful wintery card to share with you today for the Thursday Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  Here's the fun sketch we have to work with this week.


I love when the designs include an unusual shape, makes the challenge all the more fun!  I pictured snowflakes when I saw the buttons, so I used Letterpress Winter for my card today.

I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly my vision came together.  The first thing I did was pick out the Designer paper to use.  I went with one of the Smokey Slate designs from All is Calm DSP to contrast with the Lost Lagoon card base.  The first thing I added to the card was a strip of All is Calm Washi Tape.  I love that the stripes match perfectly with the sketch.

For the focal point, I layered Whisper White over the Designer paper and added my sentiment.  I placed snowflakes along the bottom, falling over the edge of the paper.  The first snowflake is stamped with Soft Sky directly on the paper.  Next, I stamped a Lost Lagoon snowflake and cut it out to add over the first one with a dimensional.  A rhinestone in the center of the snowflake and a couple scattered about finishes off the card.

This would be a fun card to make set with using different styles of the All is Calm paper and changing up the snowflakes a bit.  I might have to tackle that project when I get a little extra time!!

Now it's your turn!  I hope you'll join the challenge with me this week.  You can find all the details plus more great cards from the Design Team at Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for visiting! Happy stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



6 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Awesome card! I love that you stamped the large snowflake partially off the page, then added the smaller ones on top! Great job with the sketch this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, love your card with the big snowflakes and that classy greeting! Beautiful colors and papers too!

Lisa Martz said...

Love these swirly snowflakes that are off the edge of the design. Very pretty!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

those snowflakes are beautiful and I love how you used a big greeting at the top. It really pops out at you!

Melissa Davies said...

Very pretty! I love that it would be simple to change up the sentiment and can be used throughout the entire winter season!

Deb said...

Beautiful card! These colors are just perfect for the snowflakes and I love how you layered them!