Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Wedding Card for CCMC344

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week we have a beautiful color combination of Blackberry Bliss, Rose Red and Blushing Bride.


I decided to go with a bit of an ombre' look with these colors and the awesome Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper from the Sale-a-bration Catalog.

I used Blackberry Bliss for the card base since it's such a striking color.  Then I simply added the leaf design that I created by sponging on the three colors.  I started out with Blushing Bride at the top then added in Rose Red to the center and Blackberry Bliss at the bottom.  I love the soft look of the colors together.

I kept the rest of the card simple since I want the background paper to really stand out.  The sentiment and vine wreath come from Your Perfect Day on page 44 in the Occasions Catalog.  I stamped the wreath with Blackberry Bliss on Whisper White.  I stamped over it again without re-inking to create a lighter image and make the wreath look fuller.  I made sure to change the position of the stamp slightly to make the leaves stamp in a new position.  Next, I stamped the sentiment in the center and die cut the whole thing with a Circle Framelit.  Small hearts made from the Heart Border Punch and Rose Red cardstock go around the wreath to bring in some color.  Last little tidbit is a small flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  It's done with Blushing Bride cardstock and given a bit of dimension by curling up the petals with a stylus and Stampin' Pierce Mat.   A tiny pearl in the center finishes off the flower and the card.

So, now it's your turn to give these beautiful colors a try and join the challenge with us!  Just go to Create with Connie and Mary for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Thanks so much for visiting!! Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


8 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Nicole, your card is lovely! The background is definitely a standout but your wreath, with all of its dimension, is pretty too.

Peggy said...

Lovely!!!

Connie Babbert said...

This is GORGEOUS! I'm so glad I have this set so I can case your card for the next wedding I attend! Beautiful wreath and background! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Carol Carriveau said...

Another one that I love...the flower wreath, the colors and the whole design. Beautiful!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love how you made an ombre-effect background with the challenge colors! You're making me want that set because your card is so beautiful!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the ombre effect you created with the colors. Great wedding card.

Deb said...

I love how you created the background! The wreath looks so pretty next to it! I love it!

Melissa Davies said...

GORGEOUS background! Love the little hearts you used for flowers - a sweet little touch!