Monday, February 2, 2015

Lotus blossoms for TSSC352

It's Monday and time for a new sketch challenge from Techno Stamper.  First let's look at the great sketch Mary Jo has for us this week.

I think this is a very elegant sketch, so I pulled out the new Sale-a-bration set Lotus Blossom to make my card.

I don't think I will ever get tired of this set!  The lotus blossoms are so beautiful and can be used in so many ways!  For this particular sketch, I went with Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Hello Honey.  I love these colors together, the black really makes the Hello Honey look rich!


 Two blossoms side by side are done in three steps with Hello Honey as the first, stamped off once as the second, then I used a stamped off Daffodil Delight for the third.  A couple of layers of Typeset Designer paper play a nice contrast to the honey.

To keep the base of the card from being too plain, I sponged Hello Honey in a hexagon pattern with a mask I made with the Hexagon Hive Thinlet.  I kept the sentiment simple so the blossoms would take center stage.  "I'm here for you" from Blooming with Kindness was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and die cut with the smallest Window Framelit.   The ribbon was kept simple as well, I used the Sale-a-bration ribbon in Crushed Curry and it blended beautifully with the Hello Honey cardstock.  The power of coordination is one of the best things about Stampin' Up!, you can make everything look wonderful together!

I hope you are feeling inspired by these lovely lotus blossoms and stamp a card of your own!  Just go to Techno Stamper for all the details and more wonderful samples from the Design Team.

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin






1 comment:

MJ said...

This is beautiful! I agree this is a fabulous set! I always love the SAB sets. You really did a great job with this, love the dp with the print and the stunning colors on the lotus blossoms. Thanks so much Nicole, you cards are always wonderful.