Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop: For Being You

Welcome to another Saturday Blog Hop!  We've been sharing Sale-a-bration ideas with you during the month of March.

http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/create-with-connie-and-mary/2015/03/saturday-blog-hop-anything-sab.html

You should be getting here from Melissa's blog Rubberfanatics, I always love seeing what she has for us!  If you are starting here, be sure to go all the way through and check out all of the great ideas!

This week we got to pick from the new sets if we wanted, so I used For Being You.

I love the bold "THANKS" in the set so I just HAD to get it with my last order!  I used the Stacked with Love Designer Paper Stack since there are so many beautiful and bold designs.  And just because this paper was meant for Valentine's Day doesn't mean that 's all you can use if for!

I went with a bold striped design for the background and a beautiful little polka dot design for the letters.  To make sure my letters stood out, I added dimensionals to pop them up.

It was easy to add the dimensionals, I just cut along the edges for the straight pieces.  I didn't use the "S" in the word, I ended up adding a die cut in place.

When designing this card I tried many different ways of placing the letters.  I ended up taking away the "S" and adding "you" from the Hello You Thinlets.  It added a nice pop of color and I love the contrast of the the bold letters and the handwritten word.  Last little touch was the hearts stamp that I punched with the Hearts Border Punch.  They are a perfect fit!  I used Calypso Coral ink on Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock then just added them next to "you" with a little Tombow glue.

I hope you enjoyed my very bold thank you card today!  Now it's time to head over to see Debbie's blog Debbie's Designs to see the fabulous card she has for us today.  Be sure to hop all the way around so you don't miss out on any of the amazing creations!

http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2015/03/big-day-blog-hop.html

Thanks so much for hopping with us today!!  Be sure to check back with us each week as we bring you more great ideas to use for inspiration!  Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


2 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Such a cool card, Nicole! I love the bold stipes against the dotted thanks!

Deborah Smart said...

Great card!! You've tamed those bold stripes :) Thanks for sharing!