Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Chalkboard Wishes

The new catalog is just one week away, I hope you've been enjoying all of the samples with upcoming stamp sets!  Today's card features Friendly Wishes, a great new set of bold sentiments.

I used the sketch from Try Stampin' -or not- on Tuesday for my inspiration.


Starting out, I knew I wanted to go with the chalkboard look, so I chose bold colors including black.

This card has a little bit of everything!  Designer paper, washi tape and sequins (of course!)  I love Bermuda Bay with Basic Black so I started there.  The striped paper I picked is from Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper in the Occasions Catalog.  It and the chalkboard paper I used are only here for one more week, so get some before they're gone!

The sentiment is Whisper White craft ink on a banner die cut from chalkboard paper.  As I've said before LET. IT. DRY. WELL.  I stamped this first and let is sit while I worked on the rest of the card, then I let it sit some more just to be sure!!

To add in the stripes per the sketch without overwhelming the design, I went with washi tape.  It adds color but the stripes from the designer paper still peek through.  This particular washi tape belongs to the new Cherry on Top Designer Washi Tape set.

Last element, and my favorite is SEQUINS!  I cheated a little and used the retired Frosted Sequins from the Holiday Catalog.  I love the giant silver sequins in this set, they are awesome!  And guess what!  They are actually on the Clearance Rack right now so run and get them if you are a sequin lover like me!!

Alright, now it's up to you to turn a little inspiration into a gorgeous card.  Why not give this week's sketch a try with me??  Just hop on over to Try Stampin' to get all the details and see more great samples from the Design Team.

Thanks for hanging out with me today and Happy Stamping!

SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS!
The RETIRING LIST is here! Grab great discounts

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great color combo! Really like the way the washi tape was used.TFS.

LeAnne said...

Great use of that washi tape...I just love the color scheme altogether! Awesome card!