Saturday, May 9, 2015

Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop: Watercolor Wash!

Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop!!  This month is all about techniques and today we are featuring WATERCOLOR WASH.

http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/ 

You should be arriving here from Mary Brown at Stampercamper's Corner, her cards are always so gorgeous!

Ombre has been all the rage, I love the gorgeous look it gives to card backgrounds.  In Bermuda Bay, this effect with watercolor wash is TO DIE FOR!

Add in the ever so beautiful Perfect Peacock, and you have a seriously amazing card!

To create this gorgeous effect, I used watercolor paper.  It allowed me to move the color around nicely then layer more colors on.  The Aqua Painter is the PERFECT tool for this technique.  I spritzed the paper with a little water then started adding color. 

Once you have the look you want, LET. IT. DRY. WELL. SERIOUSLY!   I was a bit impatient, so I used my heat gun to speed up the process.  Before that happened, I put blips on the paper by touching it with my fingers, don't make the same mistake!

Once the paper was dry, I heat embossed the peacock in white.  This is a pretty intricate stamp, so a little of the detail was faded in the center of the tail.  But you have to remember that watercolor paper has a texture, it's not like stamping on smooth Whisper White.  Next, I added more color to the peacock with the Aqua Painter.  There are deeper shades made by laying on more ink and lighter shades by putting less.  I added in Wild Wasabi and Coastal Cabana to give more dimension and depth.

If you haven't tried this technique, I hope today's blog hop inspires you to give it a shot!  Now it's time to visit Debbie Henderson's fabulous blog Debbie's Designs.  She has such amazing ideas!

http://www.debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for hopping with us, see you next time!! 
Happy stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin







3 comments:

Vicky W said...

Stunning Nicole. Love your colours

Linda Vich said...

This is a stunning work of art! I'm blown away!

CherryTartt said...

Very beautiful card!