Saturday, May 16, 2015

Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop: Punch Art

Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Bog Hop!! All during May we are featuring different techniques and this week's is PUNCH ART!

http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/

You should be arriving from Mary Brown's amazing blog Stamper Camper's Corner, wasn't her card wonderful??!!  If you are just starting out here, welcome and enjoy the ride!  Be sure to stop at all the blogs to check out the cool cards we have for you today.

I love punch art but don't find myself using it much in my cards.  So when I sat down to work on today's card I had to ponder it a bit!  I hope you will enjoy what I came up with featuring my favorite Berry Basket die and a heart punch!

Strawberries are a favorite of mine and I was so hungry by time I finished this card!  Aren't the heart strawberries sweet?!  I think adding embossing with the Decorative Dots folder really made them convincing!

With the strawberries being so bold, I felt like a bold greeting was necessary to balance things out.  So, in comes the awesome Hello You thinlets to the rescue!!  I can't say enough great things about these dies.  If you are intimidated at all about getting these thinking they are hard to work with...DON'T!!  Just be sure to use the dryer sheet technique and the die cut pops out easy peasy!

And of course a gorgeous card like this deserves a fun envelope, so I added a strawberry to it as well!

Now, lets hop on over to Debbie Henderson's beautiful blog Debbie's Designs to see what fabulous idea she's come up with for us!!

http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/ccmc-saturday-blog-hop_16.html

By the time you've traveled through I think you'll be ready to give a little punch art a try next time you stamp!  Thanks for hanging out with us again this week!  See you next time!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


6 comments:

MarvA1ix said...

Your berry basket is so sweet. It will make a wonderful summer card. Can't wait to case it. The added flower blossoms is such a cute touch.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very pretty! TFS!

Bandon, Oregon said...

Made me Smile... Love, Love, Love what you have done here....

Faith

Carol Carriveau said...

Definitely fabulous and one that I need to CASE for my sister - who loves strawberries and has that design in her kitchen!

Margaret Raburn said...

Adorable, Nicole! I love the basket cards too!!

Angela Walters said...

this is so cute! I love it!