Monday, February 17, 2014

Floral Sympathy for TSSC302

It's Monday already!  The weekend went flying by even though we got a bunch of snow here in Ohio.  Since I was snowed in, I had lots of time to stamp cards.  One of which was for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.  First, let me show you the great sketch Mary Jo has for us this week.

I have been working on sympathy cards to sell at the bookstore and this sketch was perfect for that.  I used a combination of Sale-a-bration and Occasions products, take a look.

I have to say that I love how this card turned out.  The Watercolor Wonder DSP is just so beautiful, it looks fabulous with anything!

The card base is Island Indigo embossed with the Modern Mosaic EF.  Watercolor Wonder DSP on the top of the card sets the colors for my stamped image.

The focal point is from You're Lovely in the Sale-a-bration catalog and the sentiment is from Petite Pairs.  I stamped both with Black StazOn then die cut the image with the smallest Deco Label framelit.  I adhered the image to Gumball Green card stock then hand cut a matting.  The flowers and leaves are colored with a blender pen and ink pads plus a faint Sahara Sand outline around the entire image.  A tiny pearl in the center of the flowers is the finishing touch.

Before adding the focal point, I added Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon.  Finally, a few Smokey Slate flowers in the center of the green water color flowers completes the card.


The challenge lasts all week, I hope you will join in!  There are more great samples plus challenge details at Technostamper.  And by clicking the link below, you can go directly to the samples from the rest of the design team.

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper


Thanks for stopping by!   Happy stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



4 comments:

Mitzi said...

Very pretty Nicole. I really like that Watercolor Wonder paper.

Carol Carriveau said...

Again, loving that DSP....and love your card design!

MJ said...

This is a perfect sympathy card, love the added little flowers on the floral paper. Stunning. Thanks so much for being a part of the TSSC team!

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, this is just beautiful, like ALL your work! Just a wonderful sympathy card!