Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Sporty Treat

It's time for the Favor/3D item for Week Two of the Card "Create"tions Collection.  This week my featured stamp set was Great Sport so I made a fun little soccer themed treat.

Just like last week, I used the Envelope Punch Board to make my box.  I have a little tutorial that I will share with you tomorrow, so be sure to check back!

Inside the box is gum, which fits perfectly when the edges are trimmed down.

Before I assembled the box, I stamped Gumball Green Gorgeous Grunge splotches on the Gumball Green cardstock.

The main design is the flourish from Great Sport stamped with StazOn Black on Whisper White.  I used the third Starburst Framelit from the inside to die cut the flourish.

The soccer ball is also stamped with Black StazOn on Whisper White then punched with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.  To add a bit of color, I added a hand cut mat of Gumball Green behind the ball.  For a little extra pop, the soccer ball is adhered with a dimensional.

The entire focal point is adhered with sticky strip to the ribbon closure.  I cut a 12" piece of Basic Black Chevron Ribbon that I wrapped around the box and tied closed with a bit of Linen Thread.


There are lots more fun favors from the rest of the Design Team at Create with Connie and Mary.  Be sure to stop over and check them out. You will also find more details about the Card "Create"tions Collection.  Even though we only have one week left, it's not too late to subscribe and enjoy all of the gorgeous card sets!

Thanks so much for visiting!  Be sure to check back tomorrow, I will post a tutorial for the treat box so you can make your own!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



5 comments:

MaryAnn Kasper said...

very cool, Nicole!

Deb said...

Super idea! This would be a great idea for birthdays or the end of the year soccer parties! I love it!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

This is such a nice goodie holder. Love the way you cut the image using the Starburst Framelits, so perfect!

Diane Lethbridge said...

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing it.

Margaret Raburn said...

Such a good idea for a favor or little gift and so attractive! Thanks for sharing!