Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bold and Bright Grunge

It's Thursday and time for the new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week is a color challenge with Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay.

I love these bold colors together but I had a tough time figuring out what to make!  I thought about going floral, but in the end decided to go grunge.

For some reason, I love to use Gorgeous Grunge when I have bold bright colors to work with.  I wanted to have a washi tape look but none of them matched up with the color challenge.  So....I used DSP and stamps to make my own.

I used the Bright DSP Stack and took a Daffodil Delight design and Bermuda Bay design to work with.  I trimmed them down to 3/4" and 1/2" wide then trimmed the ends.  The Daffodil design is a chevron pattern so I trimmed along it on both ends.  The Bermuda Bay paper was torn at both ends.  The last piece of faux washi is a stamp from Tape It stamped on Whisper White with Calypso Coral and fussy cut.  All three are layered over Gorgeous Grunge stamping.

The sentiment from Geometrical goes perfectly with the grunge style.  I kept it simple using Whisper White and creating a banner to layer over the faux washi.

The last touch was a couple of Candy Dots.  I have really loved these and used my last two in this week's colors.

Now it's your turn!  Grab some stamps and make a card with us this week.  You can find all the challenge details plus more great card samples at Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


7 comments:

Deb said...

Love this! Such a great card for anyone! You can never go wrong with grunge - lol!

TexasGramma said...

Love the card!

TexasGramma said...

Love the card!

Connie Babbert said...

Grunge is working GREAT with these colors! Love the added touch the candy dots gives the card, too! Wonderful job with the color challenge this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Love this card! Clean (even with the splatters) and simple! A great card for a class!

Melissa Davies said...

LOVE your homemade washi tape! Great combination of grunge and clean and simple!Nicely done!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love how you did the faux washi tape! : ) Such a bright and fun card with these colors! Love it!