Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mr. Sunshine for CCM312

It's hard to believe yet another week has flown by!  It's Thursday already and I still feel like it's only Monday!  But since it really is Thursday, I have a card to share for this week's color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  First, here are the colors we have to work with.

I love these colors together, so beautiful!  I wanted to use Ray of Sunshine since it's my set for this week's Summer Collection project.   I needed a little inspiration, so I went back and looked at past Create with Connie and Mary sketches.  Here's what I ended up making.

The Moonlight DSP has all three colors, so I chose this layout to incorporate the paper.  I started out with a Blackberry Bliss card base embossed with the Large Polka Dot EF.  The Designer Series Paper strips went next.  Since Sahara Sand is a great neutral color, I used it for the sentiment which I stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink.

The sun was so fun to make, the Moonlight DSP came in handy for him too!  I used a great Hello Honey striped pattern and the Banner Punch for the rays.  The sun is a circle of Hello Honey cardstock that I punched with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.  I stamped the face with Blackberry Bliss ink, I love the bold look!  I added him to the card with dimensionals so he could pop up a bit.  I meant to add a few sequins around the card, but totally forgot!  I was so happy with how Mr. Sun turned out, that the sequins never made it on the card...oh well, it happens!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Ray of Sunshine
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Sahara Sand, Hello Honey, Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss
Accessories:  Banner Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder

Now it's your turn!  Pull out your stamps and paper and join the challenge with me.  You can find all the details plus more great samples at Create with Connie and Mary.  While you are there, why not subscribe to the Summer Collection 2014 if you haven't already, it's not too late!  We have tons of amazing projects for you, all featuring NEW PRODUCTS!  Just because we are coming to the end doesn't mean you have to miss out on the exclusive projects we have created for you!




Thanks so much for visiting!  Happy Stamping!!

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments:

Deb said...

I love the sun's "rays" done with the dsp and the banner punch! It stands out beautifully!

Carol Carriveau said...

Your sun is wonderful and love the colors around it!

Margaret Raburn said...

Great card, Nicole! I love that sun with the banners! So bright and fun! Lovely choice of papers for the stripes... these look great together! Wonderful card!

Lisa Martz said...

Very cheerful! Love the banner punches for sun rays...great idea!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Love your card! I just got this stamp set but haven't had time to play. I think using the designer paper for the rays is brilliant. Haha. No pun intended!

Connie Babbert said...

We were on the same wavelength...I went back and used an older Create sketch, too! I love Mr. Sun...you are convincing me to need him! Great job on the color challenge this week!

Melissa Davies said...

Love the "rays" of color you chose for the sun with the designer paper! He's adorable!