Saturday, October 18, 2014

Week One Blog Hop: Cheerful Tags

The first official Blog Hop of the Holiday Collection is here!  Each of the Design Team members is sharing a card made with the stamp set featured in this week's projects for the Holiday Collection from Create with Connie and Mary.

http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/create-with-connie-and-mary/2014/10/week-1-saturday-blog-hop.html
You should be arriving from Melissa Davie's blog, be sure to hop all the way around so you don't miss anything!

My project for week one of the Holiday Collection featured Cheerful Tags and Trim the Tree Tag Bag Kit.  For my card, I used the kit and added in Under the Tree Specialty Designer Series Paper.

I love the heavy weight of the specialty paper so I used it as my card base.  I like the inside having embellishment, so this paper worked out great!

I wanted to focus on the Trim the Tree kit, so I used it for the focal point of the card.  The base tag and the tag layered on top are both from the kit.  I stamped the sentiment and trees from Cheerful Tags directly on the top tag and it turned out nice and crisp.

For a pop of color, a bit of Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon was added to the top of the tag.  I tied it off with the baker's twine included in the Tag a Bag kit.  The tag turned out clean and simple, I love these traditional Christmas colors!  Lastly, I added a couple of snowflakes from the Frosted Sequins.  Both have a rhinestone in the center for a little sparkle.

Now, it's time to head on over to Debbie Henderson's blog to see her wonderful card. 

http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/create-with-connie-mary-blog-hop.html

Be sure to stop at Create with Connie and Mary as well to find out more about the Holiday Collection. We have four weeks of amazing holiday projects to get you off to a great start for the season!  It's not too late to join us for all the fun!

Create with Connie and Mary
Holiday Collection 2014 
Only $29.95 US
• Featuring projects that can be completed in about 2 hours...perfect for classes and camps!
I hope you will join us!! For more details, go to Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



2 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love that specialty DSP too! Your card is CAS and very festive! So glad to be sharing the 'hop' with you.

Melissa Davies said...

Great way to show the versatility of products! Simple and sweet! I love it!