Monday, January 27, 2014

Chase the Clouds Away for TSSC299

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge from Technostamper.  As usual Mary Jo has a great sketch for us, take a look.


I went with a fairly simple card and tried out a design idea that my stamping friend Lisa Rhine did.

Not too long ago Lisa did a card with a sun and I have been waiting for an opportunity to do one of my own.  I think the stamp "you make me happy when skies are gray" is so sweet.  It's in the Sale-a-bration catalog which is only one day away!! 

I wanted to pair the sentiment with clouds and a sun and keep it crisp looking.  First was the circle with clouds made by sponging Soft Sky ink over a cloud shape.  Guess what I used?  The Word Bubbles Framelits has a perfectly shaped cloud!  In a previous post is a picture showing how I sponge the ink, you can find it HERE.

Next I assembled my sun.  I used Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper, it has a piece just perfect for a sun.  The paper has variations of yellow with a splash of blue.  I punched a 1 3/4" circle and banners.  The Banner Punch makes perfect sun rays!  I just glued them to the back of the circle and voila' a bright cheery sun!  I added the word bubble cloud over the sun as a final detail.

The sentiment was colored with markers and stamped directly on the card.  The "happy" came out kind of funky, so I stamped the greeting with Daffodil Delight then cut out "happy" and glued it over top....easy fix!  I even made the ends of the paper into a banner to match the sun ray banners.



 I am pretty tickled with how cute this card turned out, thanks Lisa for the inspiration!  If you'd like to join the challenge with me, just go to Technostamper to see all the details.

You can see cards made by other members of the design team by clicking on the links below.  

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper


Thanks for stopping by!   Happy stamping!


 Don't miss out on this great deal!  You get a FREE set of In Color Markers with a NEW subscription to My Paper Pumpkin!


Click HERE to sign up!  I will send you a hand stamped card as a Thank You!  I am trying to reach a goal of 7 new subscribers, if I reach that goal by February 10th I will send a little gift with the Thank you card!





Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin





6 comments:

Shelley said...

Very fun card, Nicole. I was just playing with this sentiment last night...and going nowhere. I love your idea of using the banner punch as the rays coming from the sun... nice!

getcraftywithlisa said...

Great card, Nicole, and thank you for the shout out! I am now inspired to try your sponging technique. I'll be sure to let you know when I do. Have a great day!

Kathy L said...

Nicole, I love this card! Now I know I need that stamp set. Love your play on Lisa's card, which I had also seen and thought was so creative.

Carol Carriveau said...

You and Lisa always make my day...I love what you each/both create, even when you follow one another's designs. Thank you for sharing!

MJ said...

I just love cards with sun on them, especially right now that it is so stinkin cold! This was a fun design, I have seen quite a few takes on it already, Lisa is so smart. Your card is just darling. Thank so much for being a part of my TSSC team!

Mary Davidson said...

I love how you made your sun, Nicole! All the different layers and your sponging make this a super duper card! Thanks for inspiring!