Friday, January 17, 2014

Parisian Valentine

Welcome back!  I have another card to share made with new products.  I made it a goal to share something every day this week and so far I've hit the mark!  Just one more day of Preview Week is left, it's gone by so fast!  There is BLOG CANDY up for grabs today, more details are at Create with Connie and Mary along with more PREVIEWS!  Now on to today's share.



I am really into making these roses using the new Spiral Flower Die, so today's card features a vintage stye one.  I learned how to make them this way from my awesome upline, Patty Bennett.  She did a great video tutorial and I just loved it so much that I made this rose right after I watched it!



I used Core'dinations paper for this rose as the tutorial showed and I followed her tutorial exactly.   There are two flower die cuts rolled together to produce this look.



The card itself is Real Red embossed with the Modern Mosaic EF.  The rose has Gumball Green leaves from the Secret Garden Framelits to finish the look and add a punch of color.  The stamps from Follow My Heart are on a Whisper White banner that I hand cut.  In keeping with a theme, the card has a layering of banners.  First the Designer Paper from the Fresh Prints Pack, then the Whisper White, then the smallest banner stamp.  I really like how that layering effect turned out.  I hope you like it too!  You should try out the Spiral Rose die for yourself, it has so many applications! Actually,  I will  be sharing another one tomorrow, so be sure to stop back!!









Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card.

Lisa Rhine said...

Gorgeous card, Nicole! Love that flower!

Leslie Tylus said...

Paris...love! they go together, don't they?

Pia S said...

This card is beautiful! I really like the layout of your card and combination of colors and elements for a romantic feel. Well done!

paula said...

pretty card, love the chosen colours too xx