Monday, January 13, 2014

Petite Petals for TSSC297

It's Monday and time for another sketch challenge at Technostamper.  This week is Preview week for the Spring Collection at Create with Connie so I made my challenge card with Petite Petals from the new Occasions Catalog.  First, here is the sketch we have this week.



I used Petite Petals and Just Sayin' for my card along with the new embossing folder from the upcoming Sale-a-bration catalog.



Isn't the Just Sayin' set too fun?!  I love how the Basic Black really stands out against the Soft Sky card stock.  The card base is Soft Sky embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder.  I added a banner from the upcoming Sale-a-bration Sweet Sorbet DSP.  The focal point is Whisper White layered over Basic Black card stock with a scalloped edge from the Large Scallop Edgelit.



The greeting from Just Sayin' is stamped with StazOn Black.  To soften the look a little, I added in Petite Petals flowers that are also stamped with StazOn Black and punched out with the coordinating punch.  I love that Stampin' Up! thinks of these great coordinating products for us!



The flowers were so much fun to make.  I colored them in with a blender pen and Soft Sky ink.  To give them a bit of shape, I used my stylus and paper piercing mat to round out the middle so the petals stand up.  To top it off, I added a pretty rhinestone gem to the center of each flower.



I had so much fun making this week's card, I hope you will join me and make one too!  You can see cards made by other members of the design team by clicking on the links below.  Go to Technostamper to find out more about participating and to link up your card!



Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 


Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2


Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 



Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 


Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 


Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 

Mary Brown: Stamper Camper




Thanks for visiting!  Be sure to stop back.  All week I will be featuring cards and projects made with products from the new Occasions Catalog and upcoming Sale-a-bration catalog!  You won't want to miss any of it! 






It's PREVIEW WEEK and BLOG CANDY is up for grabs today!  Mary Brown has a gorgeous project for you.  You can find out all the details about the Spring Collection 2014 and today's FREE PROJECT over on Create with Connie and Mary!



Print Friendly and PDF
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

Sandi said...

As always Nicole, simply beautiful. Love the addition of the Petite Flowers!!

MJ said...

So pretty, I love the soft sky with black. And that embossing folder is really catching my eye, love the way the dots are. Really pretty card. Thanks so much for being a part of the TSSC team!

Carol Carriveau said...

WOW...fabulous colors, LOVE those little flowers....and layering...overall fabulous card!!!!!!