Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sweet Treat

Welcome back!  Today I have another project featuring the Spiral Flower Die from the new Occasions Catalog.

Isn't this just too gorgeous!!  I love the color combo of Tempting Turquoise and Melon Mambo, it's so striking.  And the hint of Pink Pirouette is just perfect.  I thought this would be a great color palette for a Valentine treat.  Remember last weekend when I shared a baby food container that I upcycled, well this is another upcycle.  This container was from baby cheese puffs!  I save all these types of containers, they are really easy to cover with Designer Series Paper and embellish.

The container is first covered with Tempting Turquoise DSP.  Once covered, I added in roses and a greeting.  The greeting is from the new Countless Sayings Photopolymer stamps.  I LOVE these!  So many ways to use them.  Now on to the roses, the main element.

I did two different types of roses.  The large Melon Mambo rose is composed of two spiral flower die cuts.  The first one is actually rolled the opposite way .  I started with the large portion in the center and rolled around it to create a flower that looks like a cup.  The second die cut was made the standard way by starting with the small outside end and making a tight spiral.  To complete the flower, I used hot glue to add the spiral rose to the center of the cup shaped rose.  I like the look, it's fuller and larger.

The smaller Pink Pirouette roses that are added in are made as a tight spiral.  I use hot glue to hold the shape of the flower and to add it onto the container.

This is such a wonderful gift for Valentine's Day.  You can upcycle any type of container.  It is nice to think out of the box and give a new purpose to an item that would typically be thrown away.

I hope you will try out the Spiral Flower Die, so many possibilities!  Be sure to check back to see more projects and cards that feature the flowers.  Thanks for stopping by today!



Spring Collection runs January 19th through February 15th!
 Only $29.95 US


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



3 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

what a great treat! TFS

Patty Bennett said...

Awesome project! Great use of the gorgeous spiral flower die!!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Super cute gift idea Nicole!I love how you did the flowers different.