Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Bright Life in the Forest

We've got a fabulous new sketch from Create with Connie and Mary for the Thursday Challenge this week.  It's a great design, you can really get creative or go simple.



My card is inspired by this sketch as well as an outside source......my son's pj's!  I have a cute picture of him in dinosaur pj's that have the cutest color palette.



This is such a great color combination, very bright and happy.  I have been planning to do a card with these colors and this week's Create with Connie and Mary sketch was just the right inspiration.




Isn't this fun?!  I didn't use green in this card, just Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie and Smokey Slate.

The card starts out with a Tempting Turquoise card base and a layer of Smokey Slate.  To go along with the sentiment, I stamped hearts from Hearts a Flutter all over the card stock with Smokey Slate Ink.



Next came the two layers I needed to match the sketch.   A strip of Tempting Turquoise embossed with the Arrows EF was a perfect fit.  I cut a 2 inch piece of card stock to emboss then cut out one set of arrows to use on the card.



The Pumpkin Pie card stock has the fox stamped all over with Pumpkin Pie Ink and just one fox highlighted.  To do that, I stamped a fox on Whisper White and cut out the face, ears and tail.  This fox was perfectly place to go with the word bubble I used as the sentiment.




I just love the bold bright look to this card, it just looks so happy!

I hope you will join me this week and make a card creation of your own with this great sketch!  All the details plus more inspiration can be found at Create with Connie and Mary.


Thanks for visiting!! Happy Stamping!














Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


4 comments:

Deb said...

How creative to fussy cut the light parts of the fox! I love that idea!! And I love how you got your color inspiration! What a cutie!!

Lisa Martz said...

So THAT's what the fox says! Cute card. Love the way you added the white cutouts for the fox.

Connie Babbert said...

It IS a happy card...love the highlighted fox! (And Lisa stole my line! lol!) WONDERFUL job with the Create sketch this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, I love your fab card!! All your details are wonderful and cutting just the white out for the fox is terrific!! Love this card! You make me want that cute set!