Friday, February 14, 2014

One in a Million

It's Friday!!  Happy Valentine's Day!  It's an extra special day for me, my final project for the Spring Collection 2014 posted today.  I would love to share it with you, but the collection is exclusive to subscribers.  Good news though....you can still subscribe to the collection and get to see all of the projects!!  More details about the collection are at Create with Connie and Mary.

Now...onto today's card.  I used the same stamp set as my project for the collection, My Mother.  This is a really wonderful set, but you don't have to use it just for Mother's Day.  I used it for a Thank you card!



Isn't this a fun card!  I used a little bit of this and a little bit of that to bring it to life.  It's basically a Crumb Cake card base with all sorts of fun elements.  The first thing added was stamping with Extreme Elements. 



Next are three strips of Washi Tape.  I also added in the gold elastic cord from the Sale-a-bration Good as Gold card kit.



To add the gold cord, I twirled a small piece then used washi tape to hold it in place on the card.  Then I just added the greeting over top with dimensionals.




The sentiment is pretty simple.  I stamped "1 in a million" with Coastal Cabana on Whisper White then die cut it with an Apothecary Accent Framelit.  To dress it up a little, I punched a piece of the gold foil from an envelope liner in the card kit with the Artisan Label punch.  Then just cut the gold paper in half and added one half to each end of the greeting.

Final touches are the small elements, the flowers and gold sequins.



I punched five Pink Pirouette flowers using the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.  I added a pearl in the center then scattered them over the card.  Finally, I used a dab of glue to add three individual gold sequins to the card.  And that's it, the card is complete!!



I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making it.  Putting together several small elements and thinking out of the box can be so much fun, I hope you'll try it!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Happy Stamping!










Spring Collection runs January 19th through February 15th!



 Only $29.95 US







Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



1 comment:

Carol Carriveau said...

Nicole...this is a fabulous card...and you are so right, not just for Mother's Day! I had to grab the catty to see how I missed this...guessing I looked over it as my mom has been gone for nearly 11 years...love what you created - ALL of it....love the sequins, tiny flowers and the Washi Tape...love all of our gold items! TFS!