Thursday, March 27, 2014

Make a Wish

It's Thursday so there is a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week we have a color challenge, take a look.



I love this color combo, perfect for a masculine card.  I am always in need of birthday cards, so I went with that.



The card base is Smokey Slate, perfect for the bolder colors that are paired with it.  A strip of Summer Starfruit embossed with the Arrows EF becomes the background for the focal point.  I love how the Summer Starfruit pops against the gray, the colors look great together!



The focal point is pretty simple yet bold.  I stamped "make a wish" with Pacific Point on Whisper White and die cut it with a Banner Framelit.  I stamped the greeting a second time with Summer Starfruit and cut out the center.  I added that piece to the banner to add color to the greeting.  I first laid the white banner on the Pacific Point DSP, but it just wasn't right.  So, I adhered the banner to Summer Starfruit card stock and cut a slender matting.  That little bit of color made the focal point look just right!  A few Pacific Point Candy Dots scattered around makes the card complete.



There is lots of inspiration from the Design Team over at Create with Connie and Mary, I hope you will check it out and join along!!

There is also more inspiration on the way....we are in Preview Week for the new Card "Create"tions Collection.  There are FREE tutorials this week plus BLOG CANDY up for grabs.   What is the collection about?  Well, lots of cards!!  We have loads of ideas for you, here's the details.....




  • 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas - 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets). 

  • Each SET is presented with 4 cards...for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!

  • Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week.   These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!

  • Featuring designers:  Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown


The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions PREVIEW is this week March 25-29 and the session runs from March 30 thru April 19!


I hope you'll join us for this amazing collection, we love to inspire you!  Head back over here tomorrow for a fun BLOG HOP from the Card "Create"tions Design Team and we'll kick start your Spring creating!



Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!








Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



8 comments:

Lisa Young said...

I love all of the layers and the embossing. But my favorite thing is the smattering of Candy Dots. Fun, trendy card!

Deb said...

What a super CAS card! Love the way the layers pop against each other! Perfect masculine card!

Karen Kelly said...

Super cute! Love the color combo!

Karen Kelly said...

Super cute--love the color combo!

Debbie Henderson said...

The embossing folder looks great with the banners. Great job with the colors this week!

Lisa Martz said...

I love this stamp set and the banner framelits! I love the embossing folder, too! So, of course, I love your sample because I love everything else! LOL!

inkypinkies said...

I love your bold, clean card! It's perfect for anyone. My favorite touch is the sprinkling of blue dots.

Melissa Davies said...

I'm with you - masculine cards are always the toughest but you knocked this out of the park! I will definitely be casing this one!