Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Scallop Tag Card

The Scallop Tag Punch is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, there are so many cool ways to use it!  The tag closure card is just one of the wonderful ways and today I have another one to share with you.



You may also be noticing that I have fallen in love with the Hardwood background stamp and So Very Grateful.  They have both been sitting on my desk and I can't seem to turn away from them!  I shared a card earlier that had a tag closure, you can find it HERE.  This one is slightly different.  I made the right side about a half inch of card stock folded over with the tag to give a little twist on the style.



This little variation allows you to see inside the card a little more than the other.



I made the interior subtle, the flowers are stamped tone on tone with a bolder greeting over top.  Done this way, the recipient can see the inside a little without it overpowering the outside.



Per my usual, the flowers are colored with blender pen and ink pads for a soft look.  I love the soft flowers against the wood grain background, it just looks so happy to me!




Another reason to be happy.....this week is the Preview for the new Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions Collection!  I am thrilled to be a part of the Design Team, we have lots of fabulous cards for you over the next few weeks. 




  • 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas - 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets). 

  • Each SET is presented with 4 cards...for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!

  • Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week.   These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!

  • Featuring designers:  Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown


The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions PREVIEW starts March 25 and the session runs from March 30 thru April 19!

Please join us for this awesome collection to give your creativity a little touch of Spring!


Thanks so much for visiting!  Happy stamping!





 



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


1 comment:

inkypinkies said...

This card ROCKS! I love the green with the wood tones. Wow!