Thursday, March 6, 2014

Starbursts for CCMC

Today I have a fun card to share that I made for this week's Thursday Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  They have a great sketch for us this week, take a look.



I love the simplicity of this sketch, very easy to stretch your imagination and open possibilities.  Lately, I have been thinking about using products in different ways than intended.  For today's challenge, I used the Good as Gold Card Kit with the Starburst Sayings Bundle.



I used two items from the kit, the note card itself and the envelope liner.  The note card was simply cut in half and used as Designer Series Paper.  Next, the gold envelope liner was cut down to make a banner.



Two of the Starburst Sayings stamps make up the rest of my focal point.  The largest stamp that contains the sentiment was stamped with Tangerine Tango and die cut with the matching framelit.  The second starburst is stamped in Bermuda Bay and die cut as well.  To add a little interest to the smaller starburst, I added a small Pistachio Pudding flower and a Tangerine Candy Dot.  Just those few elements and the card is complete!  I just love simple cards with bold colors, don't you?






I hope you enjoyed this idea of using a card kit in a different way, I sure did!  You can see more wonderful card ideas for this week's sketch over at Create with Connie and Mary.  Please join along in the fun and create a card of your own to link up!


Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!








Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


6 comments:

Deb said...

Oooo! Love that gold banner! What a great way to use the kit contents! Pretty card!!

Margaret Raburn said...

Love your card, the Starburst Sayings and how you used the kit too! Very creative and great-looking!

Debbie Henderson said...

Very creative way to use the kit Nicole. The gold banner looks outstanding!

Lisa Young said...

Love how you used the kit! Your card is so fun and really super cute!

Lisa Martz said...

I love how you repurposed the SAB card set! Looks great with the Starburst Sayings!

Melissa Davies said...

LOVE the added blazing gold of the envelope liner! What a fabulous addition to the card!