Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wisteria Watercolor

It's Wisteria Wednesday!  I say that because of the very Wisteria card that I'm sharing today.



What do you think...did I use enough purple??  I started with blank piece of Whisper White which I just stared at for about 10 minutes.  My mind was as blank as the paper I was staring at!!  It was just one of those days, I am sure you can all understand that.

To get things going, I grabbed Watercolor Wonder since I've not used it much.  Once it was there in front of me, things got better.  I decided to go with a pretty simple layout.




The base card is Wisteria Wonder with Whisper White layered on.  The watercolor stamp is Wisteria as well.  For the greeting to stand out, I stamped it with StazOn Black.  I almost used Elegant Eggplant, but the black just looked better.





The Petite Petal flowers are the perfect embellishment for this card.  For a pop of color, I used Elegant Eggplant card stock.  A small Wisteria flower and a pearl were added the the center of each flower.  The finishing touch is a couple of Pear Pizzaz leaves punched with the Bird Builder Punch.



The final little touch is a few Gold Sequins scattered along the side of the card.




By the time I finished the card, I felt like I was back in sync!  Sometimes you just have to sit a minute and let the inspiration come to you!  Speaking of inspiration, the new Card "Create"tions from Create with Connie and Mary is starting next week.  There will be tons of ideas to inspire you over the three weeks that the collection runs.  You can get a sneak peak this week plus there is BLOG CANDY up for grabs!




  • 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas - 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets). 

  • Each SET is presented with 4 cards...for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!

  • Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week.   These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!

  • Featuring designers:  Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown


The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions PREVIEW is this week March 25-29 and the session runs from March 30 thru April 19!

Please join us for this awesome collection to give your creativity a little touch of Spring!


Thanks so much for visiting!  Happy stamping!





Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is so simple but so striking. I am going to use it with my stamp club or one of my beginner classes.

Joyce Pacer

Lisa Rhine said...

I love your use of the color purple. I feel inspired to add some purple to one of my designs. Thanks, Nicole!

Jan Hoyt said...

great card Nicole! TFS!

www.stampinlab.blogspot.com said...

Love your cards Nicole. Nice colors