Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Retiring Product Blog Hop



Welcome to the Retiring Product Blog Hop today!  It's an exciting time of year when the Retiring List comes out.  We have to say goodbye to current favorites but we also get to look forward to new ones.  If you've been following all the way through the hop, you have just come from Lisa Rhine's blog.  I have to say that I love everything Lisa does!  She has wonderful bold and beautiful cards.

For my card today, I used one of my favorite sets, Secret Garden.  When it first came out, I didn't get super excited about it.  But once I got the stamps in hand and made my first card, I couldn't stop using them!



For today, I did a card with a Scallop Tag Topper Punch closure.  Using this unique closure is a wonderful way to take your card to the next level.  This is a Mother's Day card so I used soft spring colors.



All of the flowers are embossed in white and colored with a blender pen and ink pads.  I used Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight and Coastal Cabana.  I think these three colors look so bright and fresh together.  To make the flowers extra special, I added pearls to the centers.  The leaf die cuts behind the flowers are Old Olive to stand out from the Pear Pizzaz background.



The card base is Crumb Cake with an inside layer of Whisper White.  The front panel has Pear Pizzaz embossed with the Stripes EF.  I am really going to miss this embossing folder, so many uses!



The inside features another retiring set, Amazing Family.  I love how this set layers so beautifully.  I repeated the same colors that I used for the flowers.



The closure for the card is yet another retiring item, the Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain ribbon.  It is perfect size for the tag topper closures.  The Daffodil Delight really stands out against the Pear Pizzaz and Whisper White.




Thanks so much for joining me from Lisa Rhine's blog.  Your next stop is Patty Bennett, who is the most amazing mentor and artist.  If you have missed any of the blogs, here is the full list of participants:



As you know the Retiring Stamp set list and Retiring Accessory list went
live at 12:00am Monday morning, and several items have already sold out because
all retiring products are available “While Supplies Last”.   Some of
the products we have featured on our Retired List Blog hop may already be sold
out, and we apologize for any frustration this may cause.  We hope you
enjoy the ideas and are able to order the retiring products on YOUR Wish
List!


Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!





 SHOP 24/7 on my Demonstrator Website



Retiring Stamps PDF



Retiring Accessories PDF 





Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


6 comments:

Lisa Rhine said...

Thank you so much for the shout out and your kind words, Nicole! You warm my heart!! I LOVE your card designs too! You never cease to amaze me with your talent, and this card is a true showcase! I guess we'll both miss Secret Garden.

Wendy Cranford said...

Beautiful card Nicole! You are so talented. Thanks for hopping with us.

Cindee Wilkinson said...

AMAZING card Nicole! I'm gonna miss this set too!

Katina Martinez said...

Really amazing card! I always love your projects! Thank you so much for hoping along with us!

Jason Loucks said...

I LOVE what you have done with the Secret Garden stamp set. The coloring is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Roberta Timmons said...

Beautiful card Nicole, so glad you joined us on the blog hop.