Monday, June 16, 2014

Birthday Cupcakes for TSSC319

It's Monday and time for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge from Technostamper.  Let's look at the fun sketch Mary Jo gave us this week.




I have been on a birthday card kick...you'll be seeing a bunch this week!  This card uses two new sets that I just love, Age Awareness and Cupcake Party.



The first thing I thought of when I saw Mary Jo's sketch was the cupcakes from Cupcake Party.  In order to carry out my idea, I flipped the sketch so I could put my bold greeting from Age Awareness at the top.

The card started out with a Melon Mambo card base embossed with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  Next, I added in a piece of Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper to the center.



Once my card base was set up, I moved on to the sentiment.  I wanted to go bold, so I used Tempting Turquoise and Rich Razzleberry for my colors.  I also added a little extra color with Rich Razzleberry matting.



The cupcakes are a mix of all three colors but just two stamps.  I love the icing stamp and the polka dot cupcake holder so I used it for all three cupcakes.  I added a Melon Mambo cherry to the two outside cupcakes and a flag to the one in the center.  I love the whimsical look of the cupcakes in these fun and bold colors.



I had such a great time creating today's card.  Why not join in the fun?!  Pull out your stamps and paper and join the challenge with me.  Just go to Technostamper for all the details plus more great cards from the Design Team.



Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 


Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2


Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 



Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 


Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 


Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 

Mary Brown: Stamper Camper



Thanks for stopping by!   Happy stamping!







Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


1 comment:

MJ said...

Super fun colors! I want that set. Thanks so much for all the fabulous samples you share with everyone especially the TSSC readers!