Wednesday, June 18, 2014

File Tab Edgelit Meets Project Life

I have been all about birthday cards lately, so I made a serious effort to change directions and do something different for today.  In fact, I used two new products that I hadn't touched yet...File Tab Edgelits and Project Life Accessories.



I must admit, that I started the card and came to a creative road block once the card base was sitting on my desk.  I had all of the Happiness Is Project Life Accessory Pack sitting out and no clue what I wanted to do with any of it!  So, I slept on it.  Next day when I went downstairs to work, I put this card together in no time!

The card base is Tangerine Tango, the side die cut with a File Tab Edgelit.  I added polka dots with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  I can tell you right now that you will be seeing a lot of polka dots from me...I love this embossing folder!



Next, I had to decide on a sentiment.  I went with the Thank You sentiments from Something to Say so I could break up the two parts in the word bubbles.  The word bubbles were arranged in a group randomly, I just wanted it to be centered on the card.  The white bubble is one of the Project Life accessories that was blank, I added the sentiment.

Now for the fun part of the card, my favorite part actually......



I used one of the PL accessories to make the a gift card holder!  How fun!  When I was initially looking at all the items in the accessory pack, these cute little holders got my attention.  They are meant for photos or cute journal tags, but I saw a place to put a gift card.



Since this is a thank you card, I added "a little something" from Something to Say.  I just didn't stamp the last part of the sentiment.  My little trick is to use a piece of scotch tape to cover the words I don't want to stamp, ink the stamp then remove the tape.  Works like a charm every time.  You can check out this post for pictures of the process.




I had a blast using new items that don't necessarily go together...you should give it a try too! 

Now, on to more details about Preview Day 3 of the Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2014.





Today is the day to stop by Deb Currier's blog to check out her new catalog project and have a chance at BLOG CANDY!  To get all of the details about the Summer Collection 2014 and to subscribe, visit Create with Connie and Mary.


Thanks for visiting today!! Happy Stamping!







Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin