Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Birthday Sunshine

Ray of Sunshine is quickly becoming a favorite set of mine.  I used it for today's card for the Creative Challenge Club sketch.  First, let's check out the sketch for this week.





And here is my Ray of Sunshine card.




Isn't this set just a perfect fit for this week's sketch?!  I have always loved anything to do with the sun and moon, so this set really drew me in.  The sun's face is so warm and inviting!




I started out with Sweet Taffy DSP for the background and built from there.  The next layer was Coastal Cabana with stars from Something to Say stamped on it.  Then I added in clouds. The first two were made with the Cupcake Builder Punch.  The last was self made.  I stamped the sentiment then cut around it for a custom shaped cloud.




Finally, I built the sun out of several layers.  First, I stamped a circle of Daffodil Delight on Whisper White paper.  The face was stamped next using Hello Honey.  These two colors are absolutely PERFECT for the sun!  Next, I stamped banners, Hello Honey on Daffodil Delight cardstock.  I punched then all out and arranged then around the sun.  Lastly, I punched Gold Glimmer Paper banners and added those to the sun.  Once assembled, I added the sun to the card with several dimensionals.

This turned out to be such a happy card!  It makes me smile every time I look at it :)  So, now it's your turn!  Get out your stampin' supplies and make a card with us!  Just go to Creative Challenge Club for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.


Thanks for visiting!  Happy stamping!









Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



1 comment:

Carol Carriveau said...

Very cool....I too love the moon, stars and the sun....TFS!