Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Valentine Anniversary

When I saw this week's Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch,  I knew exactly what to make.  Each year I make a Valentine Anniversary card for my In Laws, it's so sweet that they chose Valentine's Day!  They have been married for 55 years...so amazing!!!



I took one look at this sketch and saw a giant heart in the middle.  What do you think of my idea?



The Fresh Prints Paper Pack is just PERFECT for Valentines!  I think the color combo of Real Red and Coastal Cabana is just fantastic so the polka dot paper had to be the background.  The card just made itself from there.  I continued on layering the two colors.  The card base is Real Red with a layer of Coastal Cabana.  The DSP came next, then a Coastal Cabana banner.  Look closely at the photo below to see the Washi tape that is layered on the banner.  I wanted to the arrows to be part of the card, so layering it on Coastal Cabana was a way to add it to the DSP without looking too busy.




The hearts are embossed with the Decorative Dots EF and layered over the banner.  The final touch is the sentiment.  I used the Hostess set Express Yourself for the "happy anniversary".  The script is just perfect for this card!






I had a blast making this card, I hope you will pull out your stamping supplies and join me!  To find out how to play along with the challenge, just go to Try Stampin' on Tuesday.







Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!!












Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin