Monday, March 3, 2014

Oh, Happy Birthday!

It's Monday and time for the new sketch challenge from Mary Jo at Technostamper.    She has done it yet again and given us a fun sketch to work with this week.



I saw this sketch and immediately thought of Starburst Sayings.



This is one of those cards that pretty much just made itself!  The card base is Coastal Cabana with a duel layer of Baked Brown Sugar and Retro Fresh DSP.  I used the paper with the arrow design to match the arrow embossing on the Baked Brown Sugar.



The focal point is the largest stamp from Starburst Sayings.  It is stamped with Coastal Cabana on Whisper White and die cut with the matching framelit.  To make it stand out, I added a layer of Tangerine Tango which I due cut using a Circle Framelit.

To make this a birthday card, I used the Sale-a-bration set, See Ya Later.  I isolated the word "birthday" and stamped it onto a banner of Baked Brown Sugar.  I have a quick little tutorial HERE to show you how to do that.

The last element of the sketch was the small "celebrate" stamp which I did with Tangerine Tango ink.  Both the banner an the "celebrate" starburst are adhered with dimensionals.




Now it's your turn!  Pull out some stamps, ink and paper and take a little time for yourself and join the challenge!  All the details and more great samples from the Design Team can be found at Technostamper.


Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 


Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2


Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 



Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 


Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 


Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 

Mary Brown: Stamper Camper



Thanks for stopping by!   Happy stamping!








Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


4 comments:

Claire Ventre said...

Love this card especially how you used the embossing folder and DSP! TFS:)

Donna said...

I love this card too Nicole, it's wonderful! Now I know where the "Birthday" came from also (smiles)! Great card; TFS! :)

Kristie said...

Love the texture of the arrows with the arrow dsp. Cool card!

MJ said...

This was my first thought too, lol. But the last few challenges I did I used this so decided to go a different direction this time. I smiled when I seen yours--great job! Love it!