Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday Challenge Blog Hop!





Welcome!!  I am part of a fun blog hop today with the Thursday Challenge Design Team from Create with Connie and Mary.  As you may know, Typepad has had issues recently, so we are bringing this week's designs to you directly from our individual blogs.  You should have arrived here from Melissa's awesome blog, she always has amazing cards to share.  If you are starting in the middle somewhere, no need to worry, just keep following the links until you see all the wonderful card designs.

This week we have a color challenge, here's a look.




I think these colors are beautiful together, here's what I made.



I have been wanting to use So Very Grateful flowers on Crumb Cake and this was the perfect opportunity.

Calypso Coral was used for the card base with a layer of Basic Grey added.  The final layer is Crumb Cake with flowers embossed in white.



Once the flowers were embossed, I used a blender pen and ink pads to add color.  The flowers all have a touch of Calypso Coral and the leaves have Crumb Cake.  I love the way this looks, muted and subtle.



The sentiment is from Trust God.  I stamped it directly on the Crumb Cake layer with Basic Grey ink adding another subtle element to the card. 




I hope you enjoyed my card for today.  Next, you are off to Margaret's beautiful blog.  Once you have completed the hop, join us in the challenge!  Grab your stamps and paper and get a little stamping time in with these three beautiful colors.


http://funstampin.blogspot.com/




Here are links for the full line up:









Margaret R - http://funstampin.blogspot.com


Thanks for hopping with us!  Happy Stamping!








Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


4 comments:

Deb said...

I love the look of embossing on Crumb Cake and then coloring! So soft and pretty! Beautiful card, Nicole!

Debbie Henderson said...

I like the soft, subtle coloring of your flowers and I hope this stamp set carries over as I really like it and how you used it!

Melissa Davies said...

WOW! I love how the embossed flowers look on the Crumb Cake. Great for someone like me who has a hard time coloring inside the lines! So pretty!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love the look you created with the white embossed flowers and coloring in with the coral! Gorgeous and very creative!