Monday, June 9, 2014

A Card for Dad

It's Monday and time for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.  Mary Jo has a great sketch for us this week, take a look.

I love the sketch, but didn't go with the floral design.  Instead I used Blue Ribbon and Moonlight DSP to make a card for Father's Day.

I used the Moonlight Designer Series Paper with the Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Basic Grey and Smokey Slate colors as my starting point. 

1.  The card base is Smokey Slate with a layer of the Smokey Slate grid design from Moonlight DSP.

2.  I added in geometrics using another design from the paper stack.

3.  To carry on with the angular theme, I embossed a piece of Lost Lagoon with the Arrows Embossing Folder and layered it over the two designer papers.

4.  I stamped the ribbon with Hello Honey on Whisper White and fussy cut it.

5.  Stamped the "1" with Lost Lagoon on Whisper White and punched it out then glued it in place.

6.  I stamped "DAD" using the Photopolymer Alphabet that is no longer available (there's a great new one in the catalog!).  I stamped with Basic Grey on Smokey Slate then die cut it using the smallest Banner Framelit.

7.  Dad was adhered at the bottom of the "1" then the whole ribbon was added to the card with dimensionals.

This was a super fun card to make for Father's Day.  I hope you will be inspired by today's sketch and join the challenge with us!  Just go to Technostamper for all the details plus more great cards from the Design Team.


Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper


Thanks for stopping by!   Happy stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




2 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Great card - love the grid background - wonderful guy colors!

MJ said...

I love that you used this set--I am not sure why but I NEVER use it and I love how it looks here-I hope you have inspired me to pull it out. Thanks so much for another awesome sample for my sketch challenge this week!