Monday, November 24, 2014

Ornamental Pine for TSSC342

Welcome back for another card!  I have a really cool one to share for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.  First, let's look at the wonderful sketch Mary Jo has for us.


When I first looked at the sketch, I thought the circle looked a bit like a porthole. That got me thinking about a window to see inside the card.  So, I pulled out Ornamental Pine and came up with this card.

The window turned out just as I planned with the pine branch showing through.

The card started with a Garden Green base that I cut a circle out of with the Circle Framelits.

Next, a piece of window sheet and a Chocolate Chip frame cut from the Circle Framelits were added.  Trim the Tree Designer Paper and the sentiment went on below the window.  A pine cone along the side of the window finished off the front .

The inside was quick to put together.  The pine branch was stamped in the center to show through the window.  I inked up the stamp with Garden Green then used a baby wipe to clean off the branch so I could color it with a Chocolate Chip marker.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment below the branch so it would be seen only when the card was opened.

I really love how this card turned out, it's nice when your vision comes to life just as you planned! Now it's up to you!  I hope you are feeling inspired to make a card and join us.  Just go to Technostamper for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

MJ said...

Love the window! What a great idea. This is just a beautiful card, love the entire thing and all the details. Thanks so much for being on my team and always having such beautiful cards, this idea was brilliant!

Carol Carriveau said...

Thank you Nicole, I am totally inspired! Love this stamp set...and your design....love it!