Thursday, December 4, 2014

Envelope Punch Board Gift Card Holder

Today I have a fun project to share with you for the Thursday Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  Instead of a card this week, we are doing gift cards to get ready for the holidays.



I have been wanting to try out the gift card holders that I've seen made with the envelope punch board, so that's what I've made for you today.



I love how quick and easy this was to put together.  All it took was a piece of  5 1/2" x 5 1/2" All is Calm Designer Series Paper and a little embellishment.  Once the sides were scored on the envelope punch board, I adhered the bottom flaps and my gift card holder was ready.



The pocket is embellished with the snowflakes from the Snowflake Flip Card Thinlet.  It adds a bit of sparkle to the front and covers up the folds so the holder looks neat and tidy.  The bottom snowflake was cut using the flip card thinlet.  You simple cut a square of paper to fit the snowflake and run it through one direction.   Then turn the paper so the sides of the snowflake that aren't cut will get cut on the next run through.  The snowflake from Letterpress Winter was stamped easily on the cut out since it is a photopolymer stamp.  A shimmer snowflake added to the top finished off the embellishment nicely.

The insert I used came from the Hello December Project Life Card Collection in the Holiday Supplement.  The sides had to be trimmed down just a bit, but I love how it coordinates and leaves a little room for a note!  A bit of silver ribbon makes the card easy to remove the holder.



I hope you enjoyed the little change up for this week as much as I did!  You can find more details about joining along plus more great samples from the Design Team at Create with Connie and Mary.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Happy stamping!







Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


9 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Very cool, Nicole, love the color!

Diane said...

Super cute idea Nicole.

Hugs Diane

Lisa Young said...

I have been wanting to try this too so thanks for the fabulous inspiration! That snowflake is gorgeous!

Margaret Raburn said...

So pretty! Love the colors and stamps you chose; using the Envelope punch board is such a great idea!

Debbie Henderson said...

Very cute gift holder with awesome colors!

Lisa Martz said...

What a great way to create a gift card holder. Need to get my envelope punch board back out!

Melissa Davies said...

Clever use of the Project Life cards. A great way to add a special little message. The snowflakes are great for any winter occasion!

Connie Babbert said...

Cute! I've used those for little candy treats, but gift cards are a wonderful idea! Great job with the Gift Card challenge this week!

Deb said...

I love the ideas for the envelope punch board! And this is super cute! What a great idea to use the PL cards for the insert!